Food Services Manager
Salary: £26,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year
Raby Estates comprises over 60,000 acres of land split between country estates in County Durham and Shropshire.
Central to the operation are busy visitor attractions and catering outlets providing quality service to high volumes of visitors.
We are looking for an experienced, motivated individual to join our team as Food Services Manager, responsible for delivery, standards and service across the existing sites in County Durham.
Current locations include a 100-cover cafe operation at Raby Castle, shoot catering and takeaway kiosks, including at High Force Waterfall, Upper Teesdale.
Business development plans for the estates also suggest that the catering offer will expand over the coming months.
The successful candidate will understand how to efficiently run high volume, seasonal businesses to the highest standards, whilst operating within budget and to stretching targets. They will be commercially astute, will understand the complexities of the visitor attraction market and will possess strong IT skills.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Service standards across all outlets, ensuring the highest level of customer service and food quality
- Recruitment, training and development of the food and beverage teams in multiple locations
- Compliance with food hygiene standards, health and safety and all aspects of good kitchen management practice
- Managing budgets; including payroll, stock and operating expenses
- Contributing towards the marketing of the outlets, developing key messages and seasonal campaigns
- Motivating teams to exceed the visitor expectation on every occasion, ensuring repeat custom and commercial success
- Contributing towards the wider estate business plan, alongside other departmental managers
Essential skills/experience include:
- Food Hygiene level 3 qualification or equivalent
- Proficient in IT systems, including EPOS and Excel
- Holding a Personal licence or being eligible to apply
- Experience of a managerial position within the Food and Beverage sector
- The role is full time, 5 days in 7 including weekends and bank holidays. The role is predominantly day time hours, except for special events
The successful candidate will report directly to the Estate Manager and work alongside other senior colleagues including the owners and their CEO based in Co Durham.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter to
Volunteer at Raby Castle
Volunteer Stewards play a crucial role in helping to open Raby Castle to more visitors.
This is an exciting role if you like talking to people, want to meet new people and want to gain new skills.
Excellent customer service is at the heart of what we do, and our Volunteer Stewards help our visitors to discover more about Raby Castle and leave them feeling inspired. You will be key in imparting a welcoming presence and enhancing security alongside acting as a friendly source of information in the Castle's public rooms.
You will work alongside the wider Visitor Services team to ensure the visitor experience meets our high standards; you will also be on hand to assist visitors throughout their visit, engaging visitors and supporting the Visitor Services team in the day to day running of Raby Castle.
If you are interested in volunteering at Raby Castle, please download an application form below and email it to:
Or post to
or call 01833 660 751 for further information