How to Find Us
Raby CastleAddress Details
Tel: +44 (0)1833 660202
Raby Castle is located on the A688, 1 mile North of Staindrop.
From the North
Raby Castle is located on the A688 approximately 8 miles north east of Bamard Castle.
When travelling from the north, Raby can be reached via the A1(M) or the A68.
From the A1(M) leave Junction 60.
Travel along the A688 westbound towards West Auckland (where the A68 joins the north) and on towards Bamard Castle.
Raby Castle is positioned on the right hand side.
From the South
When approaching from the South, leave the A1(M) at Junction 58, travel towards West Auckland, turning left on to the A688 towards Barnard Castle - Raby Castle is on the right hand side.
From the West
When approaching from the west use the A66 to Bowes, and then the A67 to Barnard Castle, where you will travel through the town, taking the A688 signposted Staindrop and Bishop Auckland.
The Castle will be on your left hand side, approximately one mile east of Staindrop village.
Approximate distances from villages, towns and cities:
- Staindrop - 1 mile
- Cockfield - 2.5 miles
- Barnard Castle - 8 miles
- Bishop Auckland - 8.5 miles
- Darlington - 13.5 miles
- Durham City - 18.5 miles
If travelling by bus you should alight at Raby Castle, North Lodge.
The following bus services, service this stop:
- Scarlet Band Route 85A runs between the towns of Darlington and Barnard Castle via Bishop Auckland and Cockfield village, passing Raby Castle approximately every 2 hours, alight at Raby Castle North Lodge stop.
- If travelling from Durham, Arriva bus service 6 runs from Durham, via Bishop Auckland to Cockfield every half an hour. Alight at Cockfield then transfer to bus 85A onto Raby Castle.
- Arriva Bus Service 75 travels between Darlington and Barnard Castle via Staindrop once every hour, alight at Staindrop then either walk (approx 1 mile) to Raby Castle or transfer to service 85 travelling to Bishop Auckland.
Please check bus routes direct with transport provider
Durham Tees Valley Airport, Darlington, DL2 1LU
- Approx. 21 miles
- Regular flights from Amsterdam and other European destinations.
Newcastle International Airport, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE13 8BZ
- Approx. 45 miles
- Regular daily flights from London and other European International Hubs and destinations and Dubai.
Darlington Train Station, Bank Top, Darlington, DL1 4AA
- Approx. 15 miles
- Operating on the East Coast Main line, with connections to towns and cities across England.
Fri 30th March, 2018
Start the Easter holidays with four days of Easter activities...
Raby Castle Opening Times
Raby Castle is open to the public from 24th March until 30th September 2018
|Wednesday:||11.00am – 4.30pm|
|Thursday:||11.00am – 4.30pm|
|Friday:||11.00am – 4.30pm|
|Saturday:||11.00am – 4.30pm|
|Sunday:||11.00am – 4.30pm|